Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lessons we can learn from dogs.

Molly joy riding on a boat. 

Last Christmas I regrettably had to say goodbye to my childhood pet, Molly. She was my loyal companion since the 6th grade, greeting me whenever I walked through the door, laying by me when I was sick. I was one sad kid when we said good-bye, and I'm going to be honest, still today whenever I see a little westie it tugs at my heart strings and i miss my old friend. 

Last year my parents heard this reading on a favorite news program and have adopted it as their own. They included this in our family Christmas card this year as an ode to Molly, and I would like to share it with you:

"Lessons We can Learn from Dogs"
-Author unkown

Always run to greet loved ones when they come home. 
Never pass the opportunity to go for a joy ride. 
Recognize the ecstasy of fresh air & wind in your face.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising. 
Run, romp, and play daily. 
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
On warm days, lie on your back in the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and find the shade. 
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Enjoy long walks.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something your not.

If what you want is buried, dig deep until you find it.
And, when someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
We'd be better off, better people, if we acted more like dogs. 



Merry Christmas Friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment