Friday, November 18, 2011

baby love.


Babies are the sweetest, softest, most helpless things there are. They amaze me - they are so little but will someday become full grown adults (how does this work!). As babies, they are wholly dependent on people outside themselves - a beautify vulnerability. 


My college roommate, Lauren, asked me to take pictures of her little girl Grace, I couldn't say no. She pretty much slept the whole night, and let me just say it, she is cute as a button! As sweet as it was to meet miss grace, seeing my friends as parents for the first time was even more amazing. They are still the same people, but something is a bit different. The joy and struggle of parenthood has been placed upon them, and will be with them for the rest of their lives. I saw a different love coming out of them that wasn't there before. They displayed the sweetness of parenthood with grace...no pun intended :)



I also saw how much work goes into caring for a baby. My friends honestly shared the struggles that come with having a child for the first time. I was so grateful that they let me into their lives and allowed me to see the full spectrum of their experience, especially the hard parts. But nonetheless, of this I'm sure, they will be great parents to little miss gracie. 







No comments:

Post a Comment