Monday, September 26, 2011

A song in the key of free.

I love music. I love good deals.

iTunes has a good deal every week: a few free songs to legally download. What!? They can often be duds, but sometimes they are magical and lovely and introduce me to new artists I wouldn't have met otherwise. iTunes has gifted me music from The Civil Wars, Owl City, Robert Earl Keen, Bon Iver and Patty Griffin. Awesome.

Might I recommend this week's Indie Spotlight: Atlas Hands by Benjamin Francis Leftwich. I have never heard of this band before, but I think I like them now. Deep lyrics, interesting sound, I like it. And for free, why not give it a go? If you are interested, here is how one would obtain said song.

1) Open iTunes


2) Scroll all the way to the bottom. Look for "Free on iTunes"

3) Click the Indie Spotlight song


4) Voila. Hit the free button and you now own a shiny new song all for the low, low price of free. Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment