Wednesday, September 14, 2011

fall is folk.


Grab your scarf, a mug of hot coffee, your flannel, an engulfing book and settle in - fall is almost here. I'm pretty sure I heard warm, deep sighs all across Minneapolis as I drove to work this morning. In Minnesota, we take our summers seriously. But the fun has been had and fall is upon us. Deep breath, time to relax.

There are many things I love about fall. A few of which are noted above. One of the charms of fall: it is the perfect time of year for folk music. The warmth, nostalgia, and depth of folk music are best appreciated in a warm sweater, probably while watching the leaves change colors, maybe while journaling deep, wistful thoughts or reading some soul stirring novel. Did I warn you that I can be dramatic? I'm a closet romantic - and fall brings her out.

Here are three pandora stations to get you started, one old, one new, & one commercial. And a few great artists, (some only dabble): The Wailing Jennys, Allison Kraus, Bob Dylan, Eva Cassidy, Patty Griffin, Tallest Man on Earth, Damien Rice, Brandy Carlisle, Avett Brothers, Ray Lamontagne, Amos Lee, Gillian Welch, & Mumford and Sons.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment